Thursday, June 4, 2009

4th Day of Internship

Hi!!!!

What's going on so far.
After a discussion with Amdon's game designer, we've decided to make an RPG type game where we control the player. We browsed through the textbook and listed out the uses of elements on the periodic table.

Discussing the game let me know that planning an educational game was difficult. I was thinking if it was even possible to make something interesting and enriching and challenging all at the same time. Research has to be done on the topic too. Thus, I now have more respect for people who create educational games as they have more factors to consider.

My groupmates have planned the layout of the game and the obstacles.
I'm doing the graphics of the game right now.

The game goes like this: The player has to get past obstacles to finish the adventure. To eliminate the obstacles, the player has to make use of his knowledge of the uses of different metals and non metals. For example. Mercury expands when heated, right? So if there is a box with mercury inside blocking the player, the player has to heat it, and the box will then explode. Then he's got past this obstacle. There will be many obstacles of this nature that relies on his knowledge of Chemistry. Of couse, if he is stuck, he can click on the HINT button we've prepared for him.

What I've learnt
I must say that I've boosted my prowess in Macromedia Flash.

Firstly, with the help of a guide, I made an animation of a walking character. You may think that this is easy but there are actually 8 cycles of walking. I thought it was a challenge as I've to draw them(the cycles) individually.
Here are the 8 cycles.

It took quite a while, but i did it.


P.S. Kopitiam's takeway milo costs 20 cents more than Beng Lock's. Personally, though, I think Kopitiam's food is better. Try SESAME CHICKEN with rice @ Claypot.

No comments:

Post a Comment